Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tranquility

The shores of oblivion lure me closer,
As I gaze on to the unending void,
Obscurity beckons, deadening the sounds,
The calls of reality I avoid.

I stare amazed into infinity,
Its caresses tearing down life’s bonds,
Listless horizon, ethereal sky,
I sit alone, and Melancholy responds.

In oblivion I seek to shun myself,
Hopelessly, I still notice shapes in clouds,
Inconsequential speck of sand, so proud,
I drift along lonely in friendly crowds.

In verse I strive to bottle expanses,
And as words fail me, I question my goal,
Creation’s wonder, is it life’s reality?
Can a part ever represent the whole?

I stare again, still, amazed, confused, bemused,
In passionate wonder, chaotic sea,
I question yet again, in vain, I smile,
Melancholic, Poetic, Ineffable it be.

- Thriddas Anorak

2 Comments:

Blogger Swats said...

ay sir...
the words the movements almost reflect the waves....strain your ears and you hear them close your eyes and you are there in between that ephemeral space infinitely and yet momentarily....ay i know what you mean....nay i feel what you say

Mon Sept 10, 12:59:00 am 2007  
Blogger Flame_Goddess said...

I'm in love with this poem.....can you not think like this always?But maybe it's better that your brilliance comes in shards frozen in time...

Tue Oct 09, 01:34:00 am 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home