Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ruin

The poem was written by me when I was 15, round 3 yrs ago.
The entire poem was inspired by one line.
Its the last line in the Hush Series comic - Batman
when batman remembers jason todd, and how he could'nt stop the joker from killing him...
I can think of greater fear, no darker despair than to see ur child dead before you. Like most of other old poems, I felt I had to use this line somewhere and came up with poem, titled ruin / betrayal. Like i care.
Not that most of you would prefer to know why/how I write/wrote my poems...
My blog takes more of an introspective and one and is merely to assuage my own ego, atleast that takes greater priority when compared to the fact that most would have already stopped reading some time back.

Ruin

My mind tore apart like grains of dust,
Thrust in the midst of a blizzard,
My soul quivered in righteous indignation,
As my mind grew dark, my senses numb, my vision blurred.

Recall back the days of innocent yore,
When we once were friends inseperable,
With but one mind and no thoughts concealed,
With friendship strong, firm, unbreakable.

We grew together as time flew by,
With eternity's minions strengthening our bonds,
Vows many did we once swear,
To keep our secrets to the bitter end and beyond.

Like one mind in dual entities,
Never did conflict between us intervene,
You playing Damon to my Pythias,
Such friendship legend had never seen.

Even with the forest entire uprooted,
One tree firm would always stand,
That firm mountain which once could hell could brook,
Has now crumbled to particles of sand.

When the world ran in greed or fear,
For other each did we wait,
Like two swords in but one sheath,
We would stick together till trouble abate.

What compels you now to turn your back,
To your dear friend in his time of need,
Neither wealth nor power could be motive strong,
To make you laugh in mirth when your comrade doth bleed.

But ideal or love be reason might,
To this moment be evil seed,
What wonder to the world it be,
That such friendship to such hatred could lead.

Though the world be against me,
Steadfast alongside I thought you would be in my strife,
But now I have no desires, no hope,
Without a friend, a life is no life.

I can think of no darker fear, no greater despair,
Than to live to see your friend betray you,
O ye Unfaithful, cursed may you be,
Et tu, Brute, Et Tu, Et tu....

- Thriddas Anorak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home