Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cockroach

Empty streets and darkening paths,
To endless ken their stretch define,
Cloudy firmament, unseen moon,
Forlorn hope, no inspiration divine.

As wishful hope dismal grows,
Due to reason unseen, unknown,
As questions grow to question why,
The moribund seeds are sown.

The mind meanders unchecked, unbound
Into streams, ideas, hitherto undefined,
They glaze by unheeded, unconcerned,
Memories of memories they do remind.

No sooner that chords of thought strike,
That the mind does split them in twain,
I stare amazed, confused, bemused,
I seek distraction in crowds in vain

Lost, in solitude, I guage myself,
alone, I sit, pensive, doubting,
wondering on changes, shifts,
On emotion, self-pity spouting.

Soon, placidity overcomes morbid thought,
As time and I echo ego and sense,
As I ignore, thoughts mine I forget,
Emotion exits, leaving but nothingness.

Then change beckons, chaos reigns,
A miasma of moods continue,
As normality resumes, I sigh and think,
It was fun being blue...

- Thriddas Anorak

3 Comments:

Blogger Swats said...

right.....really sorry my dear! -that is the english woman i told you about-

but this poem of yours is really nothing new....i see reflections and emotions and almost a similar portrayal of your ideas already explicated in your earlier poems- really i must throw this horrendoues woman outta my head,- but yeah thats my opinion too :D

Tue Apr 22, 12:36:00 am 2008  
Blogger Swats said...

right.....really sorry my dear! -that is the english woman i told you about-

but this poem of yours is really nothing new....i see reflections and emotions and almost a similar portrayal of your ideas already explicated in your earlier poems- really i must throw this horrendous woman outta my head,- but yeah thats my opinion too :D

Tue Apr 22, 12:36:00 am 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

i sincirely hope the poetry is an attempt to amplify the observation that anyone can write b.s and call it poetry.

Sat May 31, 09:57:00 pm 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home